Saturday, November 6, 2010


I have to say, these are absolutely the BEST oatmeal raisin cookies I have ever made!  I usually make the recipe from the Betty Crocker cookbook, but I have never been happy with the texture of the final product.  I don't know what causes the difference, maybe it's the sour cream, but these are fabulous! Christian found this recipe for me, and I'm not sure where he got it.  I know it was from some food blog somewhere.... When I find out I'll add the link.

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter
2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup brown sugar
1 egg (or egg replacer equivalent)
6 Tbsp sour cream
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup raisins
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp coarse salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup chopped pecans

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
  2. Using a stand mixer, cream your butter and brown sugar.  Mix in the oil.  Add the egg and beat until fluffy.  Beat in the sour cream and vanilla, scraping the sides of bowl down, until well mixed.
  3. Stir in the raisins and oats.  Add the dry ingredients and beat until fully incorporated.  Stir in the nuts.  Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
  4. Drop the dough by tablespoons (I use a mini scooper) onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Use a spatula to flatten your cookies slightly.
  5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until light brown.  Transfer to a rack to cool then enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. We always make the oatmeal cookie recipe on the bottom of the Quaker oatmeal lid, and it's always yummy.

    ReplyDelete